enhanced cron.c, anyone?

goldfarb at ucf-cs.UUCP goldfarb at ucf-cs.UUCP
Thu Jul 21 03:30:24 AEST 1983

A recent problem here underscores the need for cron to run programs
under effective id's other than root; there is no mechanism in cron
to permit that.  I can envision a simple hack to cron.c that would
add two fields to crontab for specifying uid and gid under which the
program on the given line would be run.  Before I start hacking away,
has anyone done this?  Also, are there any other worthwhile enhancements
to cron.c out there?

Oh, yes, we are running 4.1bsd on an 11/780.

--
Ben Goldfarb
uucp:  {decvax,duke}!ucf-cs!goldfarb