UNIX source code errors detected by new C compiler

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Sun Jul 17 17:11:49 AEST 1983

The trouble is that multiple global definitions aren't seen by the compiler
(unless you do something strange) but by the linker.  The UNIX 5.0 (System V)
linker DOES forbid them, I believe.  (BTW, the "=+" operators and
initializations without "=" are no longer supported by the 5.0 C compiler.)
I have gotten into the habit of using "extern" in all declarations in include
files and putting the definition of the global in only one source file.

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,mcnc,we13,brl-bmd,allegra}!rlgvax!guy