extended C with classes -- is this for sale yet?

Andy Tannenbaum trb at floyd.UUCP
Wed Jul 27 04:57:32 AEST 1983

I don't think Stroustrup's class C is for sale yet, but that's not the
point of this note.  What I want to say here is that if you folks
outside the Bell System want a certain piece of our software released
for public use, you should express your interest to AT&T.

I know that this is the address to get UNIX info, judging by their
name, I'd think they'd know about other Bell System software too.  Now
that the Bell System is deregulated, I would think that if the world was
beating a path to their door that they'd do something about selling the
product in demand.

	Technology Licensing Manager
	American Telephone and Telegraph Co.
	P.O. Box 25000
	Greensboro, North Carolina 27420
	919-697-6530

This used to be a Western Electric group which has moved over to
AT&T within the past two years (the same people who always dispensed
UNIX for WECo).

	Andy Tannenbaum   Bell Labs  Whippany, NJ   (201) 386-6491