new Unix neophytes newsgroup

jbray%bbn-unix at sri-unix.UUCP jbray%bbn-unix at sri-unix.UUCP
Wed Jul 20 01:05:25 AEST 1983

From:  James Bray <jbray at bbn-unix>

Yes, it would be nice to divert elementary questions and other (in my
opinion, of course) inappropriate submissions onto other lists. The problem
is that info-unix seems not to have caught on: I was told that I am on
that list, and unless I have been accidentally deleted, it is Very Quiet...
I have seen only a handful of messages on it. If this is the case, then it
would seem that submissions will not voluntarily divert themselves from
unix-wizards. Perhaps editing the list is the only way this could be achieved.
--Jim