Computer Security Articles

mannie at msdc.UUCP mannie at msdc.UUCP
Wed Jul 13 06:11:28 AEST 1983

     Because of the latest number of articles concerning security
appearing in this forum, I believe most of you will find the
following interesting.  The IEEE Computer Society's monthly periodical,
"Computer", has devoted July's entire issue to Computer Security
Technology.  I just got the magazine yesterday so I haven't
read all the articles but here are the contents.

    Guest Editors' Intro: Computer Security Technology
        Stanley R. Ames, Jr., and Peter G. Neumann

    Security Kernel Design and Implementation: An Introduction
        Stanley R. Ames, Morrie Gasser, and Roger R. Schell

    Scomp: A Solution to the Multilevel Security Problem
        Lester J. Fraim

    A Security Kernel for a Multiprocessor Microcomputer
        Roger R. Schell

    A Distributed Secure System
        John Rushby and Brian Randell

    Inference Controls for Statistical Databases
        Dorothy E. Denning and Jan Schlorer

    The Best Available Technologies for Computer Security
        Carl E. Landwehr

I recommend this issue to everyone interested in security.  It looks
like a valuable issue to have.

Mannie Lowe
...!decvax!duke!mcnc!msdc!mannie