recovering clobbered aliases file

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Thu Jul 21 08:26:49 AEST 1983

We're running MMDF here at U of MD, and I added a dbm-based
pre-expanded alias file to submit to speed it up.  I have essentially
the same thing (print out the aliases file from the dbm version), but
it's built into the new "newaliases" as the -l option.  Maybe that
should become standard?  (-l is for "list", by the way.)  There is one
problem -- the expanded version of the alias file is *much* larger than
the original, because of things like

msgs:msgs_local,...
msgs_local:/usr/local/post system 7 at shell,...

and would need to be compressed after regeneration.

					- Chris
--
In-Real-Life:	Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci
UUCP:		{seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!chris