SDLC CRC in C?

wls at astrovax.UUCP wls at astrovax.UUCP
Wed Nov 2 06:08:47 AEST 1983

Does anyone out there understand the Vax CRC instruction?  I have found the
desciption in the VAX Architecture manual difficult (i.e. impossible) to
understand.  It would seem that this instruction could be used for very fast
implementations of these CRC calculations.
  I remember seeing assembler variants of the uucp CRC calculation posted to
the net last May or June.  Is the CRC calculation in uucp of such a type that
this instruction could be used?
--
Bill Sebok	Princeton Univ. Astrophysics
{allegra,akgua,burl,cbosgd,decvax,ihnp4,knpo,princeton}!astrovax!wls