software clock losing time - (nf)

Peter Robinson peter at hp-pcd.UUCP
Wed Nov 2 18:27:34 AEST 1983

#N:hp-pcd:19500005:000:715
hp-pcd!peter    Nov  1 08:33:00 1983

We are running 4.1bsd on a VAX 750 and after a year of fairly good timekeeping,
our software clock has begun losing up to 5 minutes a day. DEC replaced the
hardware interval clock with a new one, but it seems not to have made any
difference. The only significant change I have made to the system is to
install a Unibus driver for the ABLE VMZ/32 (dmf.c).

I would appreciate any tips on what might be causing the problem. Is it true
that there is a variable in the system which allows you to change the interrupt
rate of the interval clock and thus change the software clock speed?

					Thanks,

					Peter Robinson
					Hewlett-Packard PCD
					Corvallis, OR.

			{...ucbvax!hplabs, harpo, ogcvax}!hp-pcd!peter