MAX FILES PER PROCESS PROBLEM

usenet usenet at abnjh.UUCP
Tue Nov 29 01:15:47 AEST 1983

I would definitely look for another solution to your problem before I
would go ahead with modifying the kernel and stdio to increase the max
number of open files allowed.  Twenty should be enough for anybody.
The main reason why I feel this way is that 20 is (much) larger than
seven plus or minus two.  Any program that really needs more than 20
open file descriptors at one time is probably too complicated to be
maintainable anyway, and should be redesigned.

Rick Thomas
ihnp4!abnjh!usenet   or   ihnp4!abnji!rbt