Berkeley Flame

Stephen Dyer dyer at wivax.UUCP
Mon Nov 14 09:39:36 AEST 1983

Semantic mistake??  Bah!  I'll bet that EVERY knowledgable reader knew exactly
what I meant.  My use of the phrase "virtual memory" in this context was
clear.

Your argument is a feeble attempt to obscure the fact the BTL UNIX on the VAX
can support a process no larger than the maximum amount of physical memory,
less the space occupied by the kernel.  I hope this is clearer.

Sorry to flame--I feel that a response which nitpicks without addressing
the primary issue raised by the news item isn't much of a response.

/Steve Dyer
decvax!bbncca!sdyer