4.2 BSD f77 compiler bugs posted to net.bugs.4bsd

donn at sdchema.UUCP donn at sdchema.UUCP
Mon Nov 28 13:15:19 AEST 1983

If you don't get the Usenet news group net.bugs.4bsd and you would like
to see these reports, send me mail asking for them and I will bundle them
up and send them to you.  The reports are:

(1) Bug in f77 loop optimizer generates incorrect code (serious!)
(2) Computed GOTOs can cause f77 to dump core
(3) f77 has old bug that allows values of constants to be changed
(4) f77 optimizer misses redundant register moves
(5) f77 won't put REAL variables in register

All but (3) contain suggested fixes.

Donn Seeley    UCSD Chemistry Dept. RRCF    ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdchema!donn
32 52' 30"N 117 14' 25"W  (619) 452-4016    sdcsvax!sdchema!donn at noscvax