TOPS-20 --> UNIX

John Diamant diamant at cwruecmp.UUCP
Fri Sep 30 04:51:45 AEST 1983

I have recently switched from TOPS-20 to UN*X (actually I still use TOPS
occasionally) -- I have found that the amount of time involved in
learning TOPS is much less than UN*X, mainly due to ? and ESC, but that
now that I know both, UN*X is definitely less intrusive (allows me to be
more productive).  I recently read a comment by someone in net.cog-eng
that UN*X is "expert-friendly" and I find that very fitting.

I would however like to point out that this discussion would be more
appropriate on net.cog-eng than net.unix-wizards.  I thus recommend that
all further discussion on this topic be confined to cog-eng.

					John Diamant
				Usenet: ...decvax!cwruecmp!diamant
				CSNet:  diamant at Case
				ARPA:   diamant.Case at UDel-Relay