4.1bsd vs. Versatec V80

sanders at menlo70.UUCP sanders at menlo70.UUCP
Mon Sep 26 06:32:10 AEST 1983

 We have a nice little /750 running 4.1bsd with a Versatec V80 and
Versatec DMA controller.  Vtroff does not like this combo, and
vpr isn't completely happy either.  The code seems to be written
for a 36" Versatec or 11" Varian, of which we have neither, so
I figure that's where the problem lies.
  Oh yeah, we rearranged jumpers on the controller board, so at
least the system doesn't barf with millions of console error
messages any more - the problem is with screwed up output
and/or hanging hardware.
  Before I set into some serious digging and hacking,
can anyone save me some work by sending:

   advice | sympathy
   diffs of source (license info on request)
   pointers to areas to change
   magic, undocumented args to vtroff/vpr to make my V80 work

Of course, the last option is preferred.

(4.1bsd hacking is getting more like playing adventure every day)

(Your are in a dark, musty source code directory, with many
mysteriously named files around you...)

-- Rex	ucbvax!menlo70!sanders	RSanders.Pascalx at Denver