TOPS-20 --> UNIX

kg at hplabs.UUCP kg at hplabs.UUCP
Thu Sep 29 11:52:21 AEST 1983

	Has anyone moved from TOPS-20 to UNIX and liked it?

Yes.
	To be specific- does anyone believe he/she is more productive working
	under UNIX after using TOPS-20?

Yes.

I work for a few years at school on TOPS-10.  When we got a V6 UNIX system
circa 1975 and put it up on an 11/34 I was blown away.  It was far more
powerful and easy to use than this 1 million dollar DEC-10.  Anytime
I have to use a -10 or -20 it's a royal pain.

The only thing I missed was command/filename recognition and completion...
so I implimented it (in a better manner than tenex or tops).
I've posted same to net.sources.

					Ken Greer
--
Ken Greer