tar fix

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Wed Sep 21 14:50:04 AEST 1983

The System III "cpio" does have an option to write its control information
out as ASCII BCD data; "cpio -c".  The "find" command's option "-cpio" to
write out each "found" file in "cpio" format to its standard output (this
option is even in the V7 "cpio", but I don't know if it works there) has
an "-ncpio" option (undocumented, of course!) which writes the file in
"cpio -c" format.  Again, I've not tried it so I don't know if it has any
bugs.  (While we're on the subject of undocumented features, "find" has the
option "-inum" - which matches all files with the given inumber - in the
V7 and System III/V versions; Berkeley are the only people that have bothered
to document it.)

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,mcnc,we13,brl-bmd,allegra}!rlgvax!guy