c100 and termcap

jpayne%bbn-vax at sri-unix.UUCP jpayne%bbn-vax at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Sep 20 03:25:02 AEST 1983

From:  Jonathan Payne <jpayne at bbn-vax>

On the concept-100 printing an '_' doesn't replace the character on the
screen with an '_'.  Instead it effectively underlines the character
that is already on the screen.  For programs that use termcap, an editor
for instance, this causes problems.  The way to solve this problem is by
first printing a space, to erase the old character, and then by printing
the '_' where it belongs.  My question is:

	In a program that uses termcap, how can I tell whether a given
terminal behaves this way?  Is there name for this behavior?

	Thanks for any help