validation suites for UNIX ports?

Steve Dyer sdyer at bbncca.ARPA
Tue Sep 27 06:28:43 AEST 1983

Anyone have any experience with validation suites for UNIX ports?
That is, something that exercises most or all of the UNIX utilities and
kernel, and reports on discrepancies between what is expected and what
is produced.  Such a product would be hard to produce, given that the
only "specifications" are either the manual pages or the behavior of
WECO UNIX as it comes off the tape.  Still, I've heard that such things
are beginning to appear, given the proliferation of new systems.

A suite specific for System V would be great, but I'll take pointers
to anything earlier, like Sys III or V7.

Thanks,
Steve Dyer
uucp:		...{genrad,allegra,ihnp4}!wjh12!bbncca!sdyer
		...decvax!wivax!bbncca!sdyer
ARPA/CSNET      sdyer at bbncca