Some Un*x manuals from HP

bentson at csu-cs.UUCP bentson at csu-cs.UUCP
Thu Sep 22 08:36:51 AEST 1983

Fort Collins, Colorado is the home of both Colorado State University and
the division of Hewlett-Packard that is producing desk-top Unix systems.
This gives us a chance (sometimes) to see the products early and some of
the designers have given seminars for our CS grad students. (Now if only
we could be given some Unix engines!) Here's some of what I've found:

    As part of the HP-UX/9000 package HP wrote or rewrote a large amount
    of UN*X documentation (ten or more binders worth).  Most of it is
    customized to HP-UX, but one or two volumes are of general interest,
    and all of them can be ordered individually.

    The UUCP manual (which HP calls "The HP-UX Asynchronous User's
    Guide") has some additional stuff to cover enhancements, like aterm
    and dialit, but most of it is detailed information on vanilla uucp.
    The first edition is about 100 pages long.  They're planning a
    second edition (available at the start of October) will be bigger.
    You can get more information (or order) by calling 800-538-8787
    (408-738-4133 in California, Alaska, and Hawaii).  The part number
    is 97076-90000.  Postage is free if you want it sent by UPS.

    They've also written a System Administrators Manual from scratch. I
    can get part numbers for that and other manuals if there is interest.
    However, since the manuals aren't sold from Ft Collins you might be
    better off calling the 800 number and asking vague questions.

Randy Bentson
csu-cs!bentson
Colo State U - Comp Sci