UNIX implementations

mike at brl-vgr mike at brl-vgr
Wed Sep 21 06:01:51 AEST 1983

From:      Mike Muuss <mike at brl-vgr>

You may wish to consider the Denelcor HEP (model H1000).
The HEP is an MIMD (Multiple Instruction Stream, Multiple
Data Stream) Multi-processor SuperComputer.  Each processor
operates at 10 MIPS, and a system can be comprised of up
to 16 processors.

At BRL, we have a 4 processor (40 MIP) configuration.

The Advanced Computer System Team here at BRL is well along with
our port of 4.2 BSD to the HEP.  The kernel will begin testing
early next week, and we should have the system up and on the
ArpaNet in October.

Best,
Mike Muuss
Leader, Advanced Computer Systems Team
Computer Techniques and Analysis Branch
Systems Engineering and Concepts Analysis Division
U.S. Army Ballistic Research Laboratory
Attn: DRSMC-BLB (Muuss)
APG, MD  21005

(301)-278-6678