4.1 boot

Chris Maloney chris at mddc.UUCP
Sun Sep 25 02:02:12 AEST 1983

I have recently try to compile the boot program posted to net.sources
by sbcs!perry.  This was the error when the system was rebooted.

hp error:(cyl,trk,sec)=(2948,2,4)ds=150700<ATA,ERR,MOL,DPR,DRY,VV> er1=2000<IAE>
not a directory
vmunix not found

WHY look at (2948,2,4) and not (0,0,4)?

I used the boot tape from the Berkeley distribution and was
able to reboot.  Next I recompiling my original "boot.c" and
rebooting.  I got the same error and again booted from the tape.
I restored "/boot" form a backup and compared it to what I get
when I recompile form /usr/src/sys/stand/boot.c.
The two files are the same size and but differ in several(~20)
different places useally only by one bit.
Does anyone know what is going on???

Thanks,
Chris Maloney
Management Decisions Development Corp.
Fairfield, Ohio   45014
(513)874-6464

...{ucbvax,decvax,inhp4,mhuxi}!cbosgd!qusavx!mddc!chris    (uucp)