more sun and vax diffs

Sunny Kirsten sunny at sun.uucp
Mon Aug 27 15:29:00 AEST 1984

>My experience with the Sun 2 workstation is that it returns a value
>which is printed via printf as "NAN" (not a number).  I was under
>the impression this had something  to do with the IEEE standard
>for floating point software.  They claim they conform.  My question
>is whether or not they are consistent when using their Sky
>hardware FP processor.
					>Bill Beblo

In the sun architecture the math libraries sense the presence/absence of the
Sky Fast Floating Point Processor Board, and automatically call it if present.
There are compile options to force a non-transportable optimized compile which
calls the Sky driver directly, rather than calling the math library and letting
it decide.

--
{ucbvax|decvax|ihnp4}!sun!sunny (Sunny Kirsten of Sun Microsystems)