Need some 'wizard' help with our ethernet network configuration

dave at uwvax.ARPA dave at uwvax.ARPA
Thu Aug 9 22:56:16 AEST 1984

> Working system (Pyramid):
> 	/etc/ifconfig il0
> il0: 193.0.9.72 flags=63<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING>
>
> Non Working System (VAX):
> 	/etc/ifconfig il0
> il0: 193.0.9.22 flags=21<UP,NOTRAILERS>

Herein lies the problem.  Add a line to your /etc/rc:
	/etc/ifconfig il0 broadcast

Also, this behavior of rwho and ruptime is not acceptable.  We changed them
so that they send their information to a number of specifically named sites
instead of the broadcast.  This allows rwho/ruptime info on networks
that don't have broadcast capability.  It also allows hosts to send the info
to sites on different networks (we now have two here).

--
Dave Cohrs @ wisconsin
...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,ucbvax,uwm-evax}!uwvax!dave
dave at wisc-rsch.arpa