Bug in Unix System V C compiler

Clyde W. Hoover clyde at ut-ngp.UUCP
Fri Aug 3 00:53:15 AEST 1984

> And of course you turkeys are careful to write code that
> uses long identifiers so that porting it to non-BSD UNIXes
> is much more work than it had to be.  Very professional.
<<<<FLAME ON>>>>
Doug, I for one am SICK AND GODDAMN TIRED of your kneejerk Berkeley phobia!

You also seem to prefer personal insult (as I have learned firsthand) to
discussion of issues.  I can no longer put up with such junk, so
I will no longer read your submissions, which is a shame
because you do make some useful contributions (especially in net.lang.c).

Net.unix-wizards should be for the discussion of UNIX problems and solutions
NOT for axe-grinding and personal insults.  You are a respected computer
professional (thanks for the System V emulation package). I wish you
could behave in a more 'professional' manner with people on this net,
especially people whom you disagree with.
<<<<FLAME off>>>>
.... Flames to /dev/null	(Forgive my flamage, fellow wizards)
--
Clyde W. Hoover @ Univ. of Texas Computation Center; Austin, Texas
(Shouter-To-Dead-Parrots)