Don't force random passwords on people!

Phil Ngai phil at amd.UUCP
Sat Aug 18 09:41:28 AEST 1984

At this site there are people who will chose passwords that
are easily guessed no matter how many times you ask them not
to. This includes my managing director. After several months
we realized things were not going to get better, so we hacked
passwd to assign a password instead of soliciting one.

It doesn't bother me too much if someone writes their password
on a piece of paper taped to their terminal, I'm trying to keep
out the phone hackers.

It gets boring playing password cop, I much prefer letting
Unix do it. Flame away, I don't care. I sleep much better
at night now.

--
 amd70 is dead, tell a friend
 Phil Ngai (408) 982-6554