strange uucp message

Erik E. Fair fair at dual.UUCP
Thu Aug 9 10:05:44 AEST 1984

I have also seen this message from uucico when it is started by cron,
and we run sVr1 UUCP with many local fixes to that travesty of
software.

The message comes from pkclose(), and it's the last thing in the
routine, before calling FREEPACK() with some apparently unrelated
arguments.  It seems to me that if the pkclose() is working OK (and I
have no indication that it isn't), then the check is superflous. Does
anyone know for sure?  (Besides Greg Chesson, that is).

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair at ucb-arpa.ARPA

	dual!fair at BERKELEY.ARPA
	{ihnp4,ucbvax,hplabs,decwrl,cbosgd,sun,nsc,apple,pyramid}!dual!fair
	Dual Systems Corporation, Berkeley, California