Sendmail problem

craig at BBN-UNIX.ARPA craig at BBN-UNIX.ARPA
Wed Aug 8 07:03:07 AEST 1984

From:  Craig Partridge <craig at BBN-UNIX.ARPA>

	After several months of happy operation sendmail has started
losing messages.  Specifically, the behaviour I am seeing is that
sendmail accepts the message, queues it, and says it has sent it
(according to syslog messages), but the remote host's log never even
indicates that my host ever attempted a connection.  This is now
happening for every outbound message.  Inbound messages are handled
and delivered correctly.  I've tried rebooting, running higher logging
levels -- nothing.  Has anyone every seen this before?  (I'm running
4.2 on a SUN workstation).

	If it of any use, only two changes in my network/mail world
have occurred in recent weeks: -- /usr/lib/aliases was changed (an
alias was removed) and the host (bbn-loki) was recently registered
with the NIC.

Craig Partridge
craig at bbn-unix