Questions linking Unix & VMS (Eunice)

druid rdr at ncsu.UUCP
Thu Aug 23 16:32:56 AEST 1984

<<>>
I have several questions regarding *UNIX and *VMS:

What kinds of links may be made between two *VAXes running
	the above OS's. (eg:  between UNIX and VMS)
What does it take (effort and cost) to set up any of these
	links.
We will have a version of *Eunice running under VMS.  How
	well does UUCP work under Eunice (it is supported)
	and is UUCP directly between UNIX and VMS feasible
	and/or worthwhile.

Answers to these and any questions I may have left out will
	be more than welcome.  I personally prefer UNIX, but
	am being forced to make the best of VMS.  In particular,
	I am looking for the best way(s) to access UUCP and Usenet
	from VAX/VMS and failing that, a way to at least transfer files
	without a major hassle.  I know that some of this has been done but
	would prefer direct info from experience.  Oh yeah, one last question:
	Anyone know if there is a version of Unix for the TI 990??
A summary of responses may be in order, if there is interest.

thanks lots...
	Dave Hesselberth	decvax!mcnc!ncsu!rdr
	NC State University	Ind Eng Dept	Expert Systems & Voice I/O Lab
	(please include my name in Subject header; not my account)
* Trademarks