C benchmark needed

root at LBL-CSAM.ARPA root at LBL-CSAM.ARPA
Wed Aug 29 05:13:02 AEST 1984

We are currently in the process of procuring a new computer system of
the class of: Elxsi four processor/Amdahl 5850/CDC Cyber 855/multiple
"super V*X", etc, etc. We anticipate substantial scientific programming
in C on the system, but have few examples of that currently. I would
like to obtain some scientific/numerical modeling/numerical analysis
codes in C that we could use in our benchmark suite.

A candidate code should be reasonably self contained, and make fairly
vanilla use of the UNIX runtime environment so that non-UNIX C environments
have a chance of running it.

One obvious candidate would be an FFT code, but others would be welcome.

Time is somewhat critical. We only have a week to assemble these, run
them on our current system, etc., so responses in the next few days
would be appreciated.

	Thanks very much,
	Bill [johnston at lbl-csam]
	415/486-5014