Request for Public Domain Software

lbyers%darcom2 at DARCOM-HQ.ARPA lbyers%darcom2 at DARCOM-HQ.ARPA
Fri Aug 17 22:46:27 AEST 1984

From:      Lynn <lbyers%darcom2 at DARCOM-HQ.ARPA>

1.  AMC LSSA has a mission to develop and distribute UNIX-based application
software products to the AMC user community.  In order to make our job easier
and give our customers a better product, I would like to issue a request to
the network for assistance in developing a software repository of this type.
Our users range from clerical types to upper level managers, with experience
levels from low to high.

2.  If you would like to contribute to this "tool chest" or if you know of
other public domain sources for UNIX-based tools, please respond directly to
me.  Our primary interest is in office support software; much of our work
centers around text editing, electronic mail, document preparation, project
tracking, and data analysis covering a broad scope of application areas.

3.  C source, shell script, awk, or whatever is welcome.  I would appreciate
documentation, even if it's just a brief product description.  Our
environment is based on System III running on PLEXUS, ONYX, 11/70, VAX, and
PYRAMID.

Lynn Byers
AMC Logistic Systems Support Activity
Chambersburg, PA  17201