Bug in Unix System V C compiler

LeFebvre.wbst at XEROX.ARPA LeFebvre.wbst at XEROX.ARPA
Tue Aug 7 00:44:00 AEST 1984

> And of course you turkeys are careful to write code that
> uses long identifiers so that porting it to non-BSD UNIXes
> is much more work than it had to be.  Very professional.

No gwyn, us "turkeys" believe in writing code that is readable
and understandable (not to mention professional).  This requires
variable names that make more sense than "ad", "admod", "pts",
"pslp", "ev", "evi", "it", "itmac", "lt1", "ndf", "nx", "pto",
"smnt", "nrbits" (I could go on and on and on).  I think a program
that has descriptive variable names *is* very professional.

	William LeFebvre
	Department of Computer Science
	Rice University
	<phil at Rice.arpa>
	Using long variable names at Xerox for the summer