785 and 4.2BSD

Armando P. Stettner aps at decvax.UUCP
Fri Aug 24 11:42:36 AEST 1984

>    From:      Doug Kingston <dpk at BRL-TGR.ARPA>
>
>    4.2 WILL run on a 785 but only with the fixes for the 64K
>    memory controller (the new memory controller).  Your local
>    4.2BSD system hacker should be able to obtain these fixes.
>    They are widely available.
>
>    					-Doug-

Doug,

I do believe that 4.2 will come up on the 785 (or a 780 with
the MS780-E) with out the fixes for the new memory controller.
I think that certain error reporting "tasks" will not work
or be started in the kernel and that the annoying message of
unknown Nexus type will be printed at auto-configure time.
Let me know if this is not the case.

	Armando.