PWB dump tapes

Bill Mitchell whm at arizona.UUCP
Tue Aug 21 10:36:11 AEST 1984

We have some PDP-11 PWB Unix dump tapes that we'd like to "restore"
(in some fashion) onto a 2.9 system.  A comparision of V6 and PWB
man pages on dump formats seems to indicate that the formats are
the same and thus this problem seems to be equivalent to restoring
V6 dump tapes.

Does anybody have a program that can extract the contents of a V6
dump tape in any sort of non-barbaric fashion?  (Non-barbaric==
something above the level of producing a directory full of files
named by inode numbers.)

					Bill Mitchell
					whm.arizona at csnet-relay
					{noao,mcnc,utah-cs}!arizona!whm