Multi-db DBM(3) anyone?

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sun Aug 12 12:36:48 AEST 1984

The latest releases come with the ``ndbm'' library which is basically a
version of the V7 dbm library with a close routine added.  (There are a
few other minor changes of relatively little consequence.)

I am in the process of rewriting my own version of ndbm (which is
different from the Berkeley version) to support multiple keys for any
particular datum.  It also has two other major enhancements:  variable
data and bitmap block sizes, and the ability to NOT write after every
store into the database if that is not desired.  The latter makes quite
a difference when building host or alias tables for mail systems. . . .

I'm not sure how one should go about obtaining the Berkeley ndbm.
If anyone wants my old ndbm, I'm willing to part with it.  But mdbm
(the multiple key version) should be finished soon anyway.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci (301) 454-7690
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland