mcr: errors

barry at muddcs.UUCP barry at muddcs.UUCP
Thu Aug 2 05:37:20 AEST 1984

<>

We have recently been having a rash of memory controller errors
pop up on the console:

	mcr0:	soft ecc: addr 1265 syn 75

I know that we have a bad chip running around somewhere, but I'm
at a loss as how to find it.  Is there a way to track down the
chip from the above error?  If so, can someone mail me an inter-
pretation?  We are running 4.2BSD on a VAX750 with 5 MByte of
memory.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

				Thanks,
					Barry
--
Barry Lustig			621-8000 x3447
Harvey Mudd College		{ihnp4,allegra,seismo}!scgvaxd!muddcs!barry