Able VMZ-32 and DH/DM

Steve Hubert hubert at entropy.UUCP
Fri Aug 17 06:05:28 AEST 1984

I am thinking of replacing my dz's with Able DH/DM or
Able VMZ-32.  I am told that the VMZ-32 is a better product and
is basically a superset of the DH/DM.  I seem to remember hearing
that the 4.2 dmz-32 driver does not take advantage of the features
of the dmz-32.  I am looking for opinions on which to buy and
whether or not it is worth buying either.  We have a 750 with
4 dz's, 2 RA81's, 3Mb memory, FPA, Versatec controller; running
4.2BSD.  Thanks.

Steve Hubert
 Dept. of Stat., U. of Wash, Seattle
 {allegra,decvax,microvax,ucbvax!lbl-csam}!uw-beaver!entropy!hubert
 hubert%entropy at uw-beaver