source of 'cut' rewrite posted to net.sources

Dave Ihnat, Chicago, IL ignatz at ihuxx.UUCP
Mon Aug 13 10:48:56 AEST 1984

It was recently pointed out to me that some versions of
Unix(Tm) don't have the cut(1) command.  So, I got busy on
my Osborne-1, using Aztec 'C', and recreated the command.

There is positively no proprietary code in the command; it may
be used by anyone without violation of any agreements.

The command and man page are posted as a shar archive on
net.sources.  Its behavior has only been tested on the Osborne,
and on a VAX 11/780 running System V.  (Berkley people, please
let me know what, if anything, has to be done to twig it to your
system)

Please mail any bug reports (fixes, too?) directly to me.

Finally, although the man page refers to 'paste(1)', I haven't
tackled that one yet.  I suspect that any system without 'cut' is
also without 'paste'---any other volunteers??

		Dave Ihnat
		ihuxx!ignatz