sendmail loses messages.

mark at gymble.UUCP mark at gymble.UUCP
Mon Aug 13 12:38:48 AEST 1984

Our sendmail started losing mail right away.  It turned out to be
the code which queued messages if the load was greater than 8.
I never found the actual problem, but setting the threshold up
from 8 to 99 fixed things.

Ours was very reproducible.  Just start up a bunch of nice 20 cput
hogs to et the load up but let you work and send mail to yourself.
Vanish, with sendmail reporting perfection.

BTW, if you force sendmail to send it with -odi, all works well.

Supposedly you can up this thresshold in sendmail.cf, but that did
not seem to work for me, so I recompiled  with the .h changed appropriately.