XON/XOFF, VT100's, 4.2BSD and Unipress Emacs

softech at othervax.UUCP softech at othervax.UUCP
Tue Aug 7 09:21:12 AEST 1984

[Fix this please]

	^S and ^Q are so imbedded into the tty drivers that we simply decided
to use other keys (^F for forward search, ^V for quote-character) and to bind
the XON and XOFF keys to novalue (or nothing). Occasionnally we have to do a
redraw-screen (especially when returning to a stopped emacs) because the
emacs driver is a little too fast for the VT100 (and VT131). This is a very
simple fix, all you have to do is add four lines to your .emacs_pro file:

(bind-to-key "novalue"			"^S")
(bind-to-key "novalue"			"^Q")
(bind-to-key "search-forward"		"^F")
(bind-to-key "quote-character"		"^V")