Has anyone put 4.2bsd on an 11/725 or have an RC25 disk driver?

Andy Fyfe wjafyfe at watmath.UUCP
Wed Aug 1 03:09:19 AEST 1984

[munch, munch]

We recently purchased an 11/725, and are interested in running 4.2bsd
on it.  (We have already been warned about performance, but we're going
to try it anyway!)  The 11/725, for those unfamiliar with it, has an 11/730
cpu, TU58 tape drives, an RC25 disk, and we have installed a DMF32 board
as well as the ethernet boards.  Has anyone succeeded in putting 4.2bsd
on an 11/725?  Could you offer some words of advice?

Because the cpu is an 11/730, and other than the disk drive, all the
peripherals are supported by 4.2bsd, all that stands between us and putting
Unix up ourselves is a disk driver.  (That, and actually transfering the code
from our 780 to the 725!)  Has anyone written a driver for the RC25?

Hopefully thanks can be sent out from our newest 4.2 machine!

				Andy Fyfe
				Computer Architecture Lab
				University of Waterloo
				..!{decvax, allegra, ihnp4}!watmath!wjafyfe
				wjafyfe%watmath at waterloo.csnet