Automatic Nice'ing of Processes

Dale Anglin dale at mddc.UUCP
Thu Dec 13 06:11:24 AEST 1984

[]

We have application programs that are normally utilized all day.  They
are therefore reniced automatically.  Currently, some users renice these
applications to a value of "one" to avoid this.  This is not a good solution.
Removing the automatic renice feature (?) would not appear to be much better.
I would prefer that we had a mechanism to indicate that a particular process
should not be reniced.  Is there such a beast?  Please point me in the
right direction.

If the best we can do is no auto-renice, then would someone please help me
make this change.

If this has already been discussed, I appologize and please respond directly
via e-mail.

As seen before... advTHANKSance,

Dale Anglin
CARS Information Systems Corp (formerly a division of Management Decisions-mddc)
7209 Dixie Highway
Fairfield, Ohio   45014
(513)874-6464

...{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4,mhuxi}!cbosgd!mddc!dale		(uucp)