4.2 11/750 boot problems

Henry L. Hall hlh at security.UUCP
Mon Dec 31 06:52:53 AEST 1984

	I am noticing a peculiar problem with my VAX 750 running 4.2 BSD.
I am running v.7 microcode (6.7 ?) and am having problems booting from the
console.  In fact, currently the only way to boot is with the reset button.
Needless to say this is causing problems with booting single user and/or
alternate kernals.  The system disk is a RM05 on an RH750 in massbus slot 0.
The kernel seems to load fine (come up with the memory use information), but
then seems to die.  Does anyone have any information or things to try?
Thanks.

	Henry L. Hall

Phone:	(617) 271-3046
{allegra, cbosgd, decvax, ihnp4, philabs, utzoo} !linus!hlh		{UUCP}
linus!hlh at mitre-bedford							{MIL}