4.2 lpr/lpd programs

David Herron david at ukma.UUCP
Mon Dec 3 13:55:59 AEST 1984

     I have a bunch of hacks I have applied  to  these  pro-
grams  over  the  course  of  the  last  year.   If there is
interest I may post them somewhere.  They are:

1.   Much support for LN01 and LA120's.
     a. They select different print widths depending on  the
     setting of the -w flag.
     b. LA120 can also have the page length set  with  a  -L
     flag.

2.   Environment variable LPR for setting  defaults.   (gets
     read  after  the system defaults and before the command
     line.)

3.   A filter for output with "fortran" carraige control.

4.   A filter for the LN01 which accepts the standard  nroff
     output    (i.e.     the    TTY37    table)   and   does
     subscripts/superscripts and does some greek letter fak-
     ing.

5.   4 or 5 major bugs fixed in lpf.c.

     The program mentioned in #4 was  written  with  an  eye
towards  also  supporting  the LA120 and LA100 with the same
capability.  Both have the capability to place text within a
half-line which is all that is needed.
David Herron;  ARPA: "ukma!david"@ANL-MCS   (Note the quote marks.)
UUCP:	unmvax -----------\
UUCP:	research ----------\_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ anlams --\