Efficiency of the f77 compiler under UNIX 4.2 BSD.

Daniel M. Pressel dmpresse at crdc.ARPA
Tue Dec 4 01:28:19 AEST 1984

Dear Sirs:

     I understand that some of your people are having problems with the
inefficiency of the f77 compiler.  I have been using that compiler for over
6 monthes, and would be willing to share what I have learned about increasing
the efficiency of programs running under that compiler.  Note:  I am not
offering to rewrite their programs, but may be able to show them techniques,
which would allow them to generate more efficient code.  If this would be
of any use, please have them contact me at:

      dmpresse at CRDC

or

      call Daniel M. Pressel at 671-2298/671-3873  these numbers are at
         APG(EA) so they should be able to use the microwave link if they
         decide to call me.

                                  Sincerely,

                                  Daniel M. Pressel