HELP! GPIB11-2 device driver source/help needed

Cheshire Chuqui chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Mon Dec 3 10:33:40 AEST 1984

We've been running a GPIB11-2 board from National Instruments on our 780 as
a download device to our development systems. This board implements the
IEEE-488 standard. We recently upgraded from DZ boards to DH's and the
silly board hasn't wanted to work right since. We've pretty much tracked
down the problem to the driver, but the driver code is rather sludgy and we
aren't making much progress in fixing it. The basic symptom is that the
board refuses to download any significant amount of data unless the system
is in single user mode. I suspect that the DMA of the DH's and the DMA of
the GPIB board are beating each other up and the GPIB is losing. I'm not a
real unibus wizard so I have trouble reading those magic runes.

Does anyone out there use this board with DH's under 4.2? Does anyone out
there have a driver that looks like C instead of Latin? Does anyone out
there use this board at all? Does anyone have any hints at things to look
at at all, since I'm to the point where I've exhausted all of my
possibilities-- I'll be more than happy to exhaust all of yours as well
trying to fix this thing.

Please reply directly to me-- I'll summarize anything of interest to the
net.

thanks, as they say, in advance!
	chuq
--
>From the center of a Plaid pentagram:		Chuq Von Rospach
{cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui  nsc!chuqui at decwrl.ARPA

  ~But you know, monsieur, that as long as she wears the claw of the dragon
  upon her breast you can do nothing-- her soul belongs to me!~