Need help from Eunice experts...

HAL.DOVE at tgr.UUCP HAL.DOVE at tgr.UUCP
Fri Dec 7 12:30:54 AEST 1984

Recently I have been tryng to bring up Princeton Forth on our new
eunice system.  Since I use it remotely, I have not gotten a chance
to get my hands on the documentation yet.

The problem I have had with putting this forth on is that during
ld(1), it reports 'ld:entry point not in text'.  Being curious I
started putting all sorts of flags on ld and see what would
happen.  The one flag (-t, trace), show me a few things that
confused me.  It mentioned that it was doing something with the
vms logical EUN_LIBCSHARE which is defined as /sys$library/libcsh4.exe.
What the hell is this?  It seems to then play with routinesnes in
the c library, then when it searches the c library via the -lc option,
it goes and relocates it all.  Now this forth works great under
4.2, and claims it should work in 4.1. (from the author).  Any
idea what this could be caused by?

Yes, I am using the unix as and unix ld.  There is also another logical
called UNIX_ASSEMBLER_CASE_CONVERT = "ON".  What is this for?

Many many questions, no answers...can anyone help...

Mike Dove
hal.dove at ames-vmsb

------