mail and disk quotas

root%bostonu.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa root%bostonu.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Thu Dec 20 19:00:56 AEST 1984

> How does this happen?  Don't tell me you put quotas on /usr!!!  People's
> stuff queued up in /usr/spool/* shouldn't affect their disk quotas
> as long as  you haven't gone and done this questionable thing.
>	Tom Christiansen

Tom (et al),

	I was just trying to give some of the permutations to
	consider when setting up a quota system aimed at someone
	who seemed to be at the very early stages of setting this
	up. Why is it not reasonable to set quotas on /usr? It
	may be inconvenient but so would incapacitating a system
	for everybody by someone flooding a disk. If the users
	were completely reasonable/responsible why use the quota
	system at all??? Yes, I do set (*large*) quotas on /usr,
	haven't had a complaint yet.

	[geez, ya try ta help ya get yer head bitten off!]

			-Barry Shein, Boston University