What is this panic?

irwin at uiucdcs.UUCP irwin at uiucdcs.UUCP
Wed Dec 12 17:24:00 AEST 1984

A note to Bruce, it was not my intent to make it sound as if it was the
software that is at fault. It is 100% the problem of DEC's hardware and
0% the fault of the 4.2 software. I was <not> one half blaming 4.2BSD.

If it came across that way, I guess I did not express myself correctly.
I did say the 750 was having problems (tbuf) and 4.2 was having problems
(cache). I should have said the 750 was having problems in both cases.
That was the intent, I did not realize that saying 4.2 is having problems
running on the 750 would be taken to mean that 4.2 was the bad guy, when
one in the same paragraph states that rev 8 (hdwr fix) will cure it.

My appologies for not making it clearer.