AT&T sales personel

lauren at RAND-UNIX.ARPA lauren at RAND-UNIX.ARPA
Sat Dec 29 19:42:17 AEST 1984

I've also had some problems with asking them technical questions (though
they are doing better locally).  I get the impression that most of
them are new hires and are having some trouble keeping up with all the new
material being tossed at them very rapidly right now.  Which isn't
all that surprising, considering how much is going on.  And, let's
face it, getting answers to specific, even pseudo-technical questions
from sales people can be rather difficult from most companies,
even for facts you'd think would be pretty well known.  The West Coast
AT&T people have been coming up to speed nicely though, so I suspect
the national people will get things straightened out pretty soon.

I had a talk with one AT&T sales person recently who told me that
since she was fairly new (and not a techie) she knew she was
making some mistakes--but she was trying.  I think she was
being pretty honest, and the next time I talked to
her she was up on all sorts of details, so things do seem to be
improving.  Now if only Pacific Bell were as easy to deal with
as AT&T....

--Lauren--