Info on the MicroVAX & Ultrix-11 wan

guy at rlgvax.uucp guy at rlgvax.uucp
Mon Dec 10 05:48:11 AEST 1984

> Does anyone have any information on DEC's microvax and Ultrix-11 (???) that
> its suppose to run?  I'm interested in what Ultrix-11 has in the way of
> compatibility.  Such as; does it support uucp?  how many multi-users?
> what version of Unix is it most like (4.2bsd?  v7?  etc..)?
> /*****/
> Run 2.9 instead of ULTRIX-11.

Unfortunately, I don't think a VAX can run a PDP-11 operating system in
compatibility mode (and I'm not sure the MicroVAX has compatibility mode
anyway), so it can run neither 2.9BSD nor Ultrix-11.  It can, however,
run 4.2BSD - which is what it does when it runs MicroUltrix or whatever
they call the MicroVAX version of Ultrix-32 which is the DEC version of
4.2BSD.

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy