Dial-in, Dial-out. Same line, easy?

Packard keith at reed.UUCP
Mon Dec 10 09:08:21 AEST 1984

Regarding ports with modem control.  I just finished hacking the
DL driver so that it supports lines that occasionally want modem
control (so you can dial in) and occasionally don't want modem
control (so you can dial out).  This fix was *very* easy.  I simply
set bit 6 of the minor device number to tell the driver to
not hang on open and also to not set the DATASET INTERRUPT bit
in the reciever csr.  Much easier than making the line hang
on the first read.  That involves nasty changes else where.

	keith packard
	...!tektronix!reed!keith
	or
	...!tektronix!tekmdp!keithp
	"even a 11/23 with unix sources is better than a vax without."